This is a quick and easy mid-week meal. Another meal that can be made with a mince. This one calls for mince pork.
Ragu is usually cooked low and slow with cuts of meat and not mince, using mince means we can speed up the cook time. Otherwise we’d need all day to make ragu.
- 400g minced pork
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 4 Spring onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Fennel seed
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed)
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown your mince pork in a sauce pan.
- Add carrots, celery, spring onion, garlic and fennel seeds. Saute together for 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and balsamic glaze, stir together
- Add 1 cup of water
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, let simmer on low for 15 minutes
- Follow the instructions for your pasta cook it. I like using fresh fettuccine.
- Drain pasta as soon as it’s cooked, coat with olive oil (so they don’t stick together).
- Serve ragu over your pasta with parmesan cheese on top.